Back to it all...

I feel like I've come out of a mind comma. I'm not sure where the last couple of weeks have gone, so I feel a little out of it, and a little ready for the next step. A little shocked too.

Let me go back and explain:
Last month I had a huge art show, the biggest that I've ever aspired to. It was to be the launch of my latest and biggest dream, so I worked my butt off. For a couple of weeks I would stay up all night (along with my amazing mom), sewing, creating, printing, dreaming, and designing. It was hard work, but it hardly felt like work, because for the first time in my life, it had a real purpose behind it. It was the birth of www.repurposemedesigns.com
The art show came and left as fast as those sleepless nights. We had a big downpour an hour after set up, which only allowed for a few people to visit my booth. Within the first 20 minutes though, I got to sell one of our products, and spread the word to several people. The excitement was short-lived but it was encouraging at the same time. Seeing people take in the product was a pleasant combination of admiration and practicality. I was happy.
And as short as the art show was, I was thankful for the opportunity of sleep once again.


The weeks that followed were full of activities from dealing with the day-to-day tasks, to buying a new car, still going to PT treatment twice a week, Ry's birthday (week-long) festivities, mother's day, the discovery of a Colombian restaurant in town, heaps of laundry and cleaning, my brother's soccer tournament, and the new found addiction to a Colombian novela (soap opera - which btw, was amazingly written and developed, but that's another story).

So the last week or so, I immersed myself in spending time with family, and just resting - nothing else.

There's always that little pinch of guilt from not being productive, isn't there? Thanks to my hubs though, I was able to just let go.

But now is back to the reality we all must face.
And I welcome it.

As all things with life go, timing is of essence. And there is a time for everything.
So as much as I loved relaxing, back to my projects and dreams I go. Back to fighting, learning, and diving in. To reading, writing, loving and living. Because life does not wait for you or for me. It just goes on. And it is up to us to make it into that adventure that is waiting to be birthed from within us.